Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a '95 (only a v-6 and AT), but it does great around town. Drove it on the highway for the first time yesterday. About 70 mph for 35 minutes and when I stopped at the first light, it didn't want to take off in 1st. A little patience and gas and it moved and shifted other gears fine. Fluid level looks fine. The car ran a little warmer than I would like to see, but not overheated. Water/coolant and oil okay. Once it cooled down it shifted 1st fine, then after the 35 min drive home on the highway it did the same thing! Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Does the transmission fluid, look red like it should ? Or is it Brownish ? Does the fluid smell normal or does it have a burnt smell ?

You might be able to get by with a fluid and filter change, but it may be time for a rebuild !

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Probably a burnt clutch pack. Replace the trans filter and fluid. Make sure you pump as much of the old trans fluid out of the converter as you can. You can do this where the trans fluid output and input lines connect to the radiator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts