Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent 5 hours upgrading my previously 950 Commander MPFI SBC kit to HP specs...at least an hour of that was spend replanning some wire runs.

Fired on the first try and ran better than it had in years (attributable to how far my 'tuned' fuel maps were).

After a bit of confusion, my electric fan now works as advertised (one of the original reasons for the upgrade-don't ask...)

The nitrous trigger looks most promising too-that should really make this a fun ride that I've had for 25 years. I've already got the 48 pound injectors on order...

Tim

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've also deduced that I have a mechanical problem that causes misfires at idle and an inability to run lean at cruise (wants > 14.0 AFR). I've decided the cylinder heads are the culprit.

Hopefully this week a new set of AFR 220 Eliminators will be on their way...

First the electric fan wouldn't work on the 950 Commander...so I installed a complete HP updgrade.

Then the valve sealing was poor on my current AFR's...so I ordered a new set of Eliminators...this is fun and expensive!

:)

Has anyone used the HP for the nitrous trigger (dry type)? The 48 pound injectors are enroute according to Summit (to replace the current 36's).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts