Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car had been broke in to and tried to steal i had to change my steering column it didnt start for over a year i finally took both keys to the dealership and they put the code from my old key on to my new key it starts now but my brake lights stay on can anyone tell me why they might be staying on

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Is the ebrake on or is the master cylinder fluid level low??

·
Retired
26,616 Posts
Can you pull up on the pedal and make the brakes liights go out? Look for the switch down at the brake pedal and make sure it's adjusted properly. Also I'm not sure on your car but sometimes there is a return spring on the brake pedal that pulls the pedal back when you take your foot off the brake. I can see something happening to the switch or spring when the steering column was replaced.

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
Can you pull up on the pedal and make the brakes liights go out? Look for the switch down at the brake pedal and make sure it's adjusted properly. Also I'm not sure on your car but sometimes there is a return spring on the brake pedal that pulls the pedal back when you take your foot off the brake. I can see something happening to the switch or spring when the steering column was replaced.
This is the same advise I'd give as I too can see something happening to the switch in a column replacement.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts