Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi the fuel pump in my 96 3.8 V6 recently started to whine a bit, could hear it when the ignition was switched on. Then recently my wife ran out of gas in it, was pushed to a gas station and gas refilled, but the car refused to start. Shop says its the fuel pump.

Now I see that there are different brands of pumps available.
AC DELCO at 332usd
BOSCH at 400 usd
CARTER at 289 usd
AIRTEX at 248 usd

Anyone has experience with a CARTER replacement? According to some sources the original pump (AC DELCO) has a weak lower bearing, is that correct. The CARTER pump is supposed to have a better bearing design.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lucky you! I had to get my fuel pump replaced a few months ago and it was a pain because the pump is inside the gas tank which makes for a tricky repair. Cost around $700 at my local shop. Glad to hear it's up and running again!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lucky you! I had to get my fuel pump replaced a few months ago and it was a pain because the pump is inside the gas tank which makes for a tricky repair. Cost around $700 at my local shop. Glad to hear it's up and running again!
Well im considering buying a spare pump just in case. The pump has to come from US as its not readily available in the country.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts