Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im buying my buddys camaro and its in great shape it needs new paint and headers i was just wondering if anyone can tell me some good headers ^_^ its a 97 lt1 i think im goin to put a lt4 convertion kit in it soon

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a set of MAC mids w/cats on my old 93 LT1 bird and I liked them a lot. Fit was good, good clearances, they were fairly easy to install and were decently priced. I've seen Long Tubes on LT1's and I have yet to see any that fit good. Most were hitting and burning up something. They are also a PITA to install in most cases. The only problem I had witht he MAC's were cooking the stock plug wires but that can be solved with a good set of heat resistant plug wires made for header applications. HTH

Brian

*edit* Forgot to add to make sure any headers you get are ceramic coated.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I know things are just a wii bit tighter in the engine bay on the lt1 engine over the ls1 engine so Im not sure on difference in fitment but a lot of people around here have been going with Pacesetters for their headers for their LS1 and they have been happy with them. Dont seem to hang as low as others.

I see Kooks is making headrers that will work with the LT1 engines now as well. I know only Vette owners with them and they are very pleased with them.

Just look around and see whats out there. I know when I had my 95 TA I was looking at the MAC mids myself. Heard everything that Brian mentioned above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts