Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 97 z28 that starts and runs for maybe a minute and then cuts off. It will not start back until it sits overnight or longer. Then may start and does the same thing. Always runs about the same amount of time.
Removed the hose at front of intake and sprayed carb cleaner and car starts and runs. I know this is a fuel problem and would appreciate any help trouble shooting this.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
that kinda sounds like a bad IAC sensor, the car stalls out when it goes into closed loop

i have never heard of a fuel pump going bad and only operating for a minute, they always either work, or dont work.. but just to test it, goes the fuel pump prime when the car stalls when you turn the key off and back on?

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Sounds like the pump to me, too. A friend had a pump go bad in and S10 that would shut off in hard turns. It would not start for a day, then be fine.

If it's the IAC you should be able to keep it running with light pedal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The fuel pump is only on for app3 sec if the engine isn't detected running, the key needs to be recycled (turned off, thien restart.) if the motor is not . If it startst again after cooled. the opt can fail, but it gets warm not sounds like the optispark. It mat restart when cool again, but as soon as it gets warm it can fail. Not an easy job either!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? My 96 rs is cranking and will stay on for maybe 3 seconds and then shut off. She does this every time I start it. I don't have to wait for it to cool down or anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts