Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i need help with my car very badly. The car since i bought it has ran like a top until about 240'000k where the throttle(mainly in cold) stuck at random rpm's mainly over 2500. This will happen all the way to my workplace wich is typically cool tempature all year round in mornings. i need as much help as i can get, ive replaced every sensor and all wiring for throttle body including a brand new theottlebody itself! Any help would be great guys, thanks
Mason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, the cars engine light rarely comes on for this high reving problem, however when the light is on, it seems to be ok. Early mornings for me i have tried to warm it upuntil at peak tempature to see if that would help the problem, wich it doesent but the whole time i idle it, the revs will not jump or anything until i hit the gas and throughout my morning drive. When it is t-shirt weather the car does not have any problems whatsoever only in cold, thanks for the help, any other replies would be awesome!

·
Registered
35 Posts
you said you replaced the throttle position sensor ... the tps went out on my dads dodge and it would floor board sometimes .. one day i was driving in the snow and thankfully im quick to react to things it floor boarded on the snow turning onto a highway and i was able to just throw it out of gear and let it do its thing .. it also almost threw me into a cement wall one time =| scary stuff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts