Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery has enough juice to fully power lights, interior lights, door chime, rear power hatch, and power door locks. No clicking, no fuel pump priming, no dash lights. I also noticed in the fuse block that the IGN fuse is missing. What perplexes me is that the car started and ran just fine 20 minutes prior.

Search function yielded a result of a bad water pump.

Please help quick. My car is parked in front of a closed store front, and I really dont want the car vandalized, stolen, or towed. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Jump it off...if you can turn on your lights and they go out when you try to crank it your batt is dead or you have a loose connection!!

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Check your switch at the bottom of the pedal(clutch) to see if its is engaging!! Do you hear your fuel pump running while you turn the key on? Pump might be bad or out of gas!!

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
you might want to take off the air intake hose and squirt some carb cleaner into the throttle body while you have a buddy crank it over!! if it runs your fuel pump is bad!!

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
you might want to take off the air intake hose and squirt some carb cleaner into the throttle body while you have a buddy crank it over!! if it runs your fuel pump is bad!!
Bill he said its not cranking... It has to be a fuse IGN fuse.. Or IGN switch

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
rick, when you turn your car over do you hear the starting engaging??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does ANYONE know where I can find an IGN fuse for the in-car fuse block? The slot is shaped like 2 L linked together by the lower bar. ummm, as in:

LL

now reverse the second L to face the first. After they're mirror images, invert the second L so the "mast" is pointing down. One the fuse panel door, it shows an image of a upside-down L. WTF is that crazy effin fuse? How do I get one of them?

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Double check all you fuse's in the car with a test light..make sure the switch on the back of the clutch pedal is still hooked up and you did not knock it out of adjustment!! Lean towards the ignition being bad if all else is good!!

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Rick you should look at the inside of the fuse box and under the dash by the pedals for anything that could have came loose like a connector. Also out in the motor compartment on the fire wall under the brake master cylinder is the main harness wiggle the wires inside and out of the car.. Last put the key in and wiggle the steering wheel and the key with clutch pedal in at the same time.. Its gotta be a short or a main fuse IGN switch may have came loose at the connection.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
does anyone know where i can find an ign fuse for the in-car fuse block? The slot is shaped like 2 l linked together by the lower bar. Ummm, as in:

Ll

now reverse the second l to face the first. After they're mirror images, invert the second l so the "mast" is pointing down. One the fuse panel door, it shows an image of a upside-down l. Wtf is that crazy effin fuse? How do i get one of them?
gm dealer?? Try advance, napa, auto zone..bring it with you..

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
ok. I'm about to go and take a look see right now. How difficult is it to replace the ign sw? in this shop manual on my computer, it says to remove teh steering wheel and a few trim pieces. Is it as scary as it sounds?
Dont atempt it there, towe the car home..

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
As dumb as this sounds bring a spare key and try it just encase the tumblers didn't mate with the other key/switch.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts