Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHEN I LET OFF OF THE GAS THE ENGINE SOUNDS LIKE IT IS CHOKING AND THEN DIES. IT IS FLASHING SERVICE CODES. NOW WHEN YOU START TO PULL AWAY IT WILL DIE. COULD THIS BE THE MASS FLOW SENSOR? WHEN IT IS CHOKING IT SOUNDS LIKE FLUTTERING SOUND.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
If it is a '98 has the waranty run out yet? If not, then take it to the dealer and let them fix it. If it has run out, then you need to find out what the codes are and start fixing things. You didn't list any of the codes so I'm assuming you don't know what they are yet.

------------------
'69 RS/SS396 pro street
427/4spd/9"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got married and funds are very low now, it will cost a hundred dollars to have a dealership read the codes I am hoping sombody else has ran into the same problem, both of are cars are now broke down.

·
Registered
52 Posts
A hundred bucks to check for codes? Wow. I'd find someone else. An independent garage should be able to check for codes with no problem, most of us own scan tools and will do this very reasonably. If you can get the codes, I'm sure we can help.

------------------
Mark Perkins
ASE Master Auto/Truck
67 RS Convertible

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thats right, most garages will check it for you. Our Mobil up the street does it. Also, Autozone sells a scanner that will tell you codes and I believe they are less that $50.

------------------
------------------
Mark

1992 Firebird 355/Six Speed (Soon to be LT1)
1991 RS 350 / 700-R4
1987 Toyota Pickup 383 / 500 + HP 10.963 @ 119.95 Slicks / 11.997 @ 114.23 Radials
"Speed KILLS, so drive a FORD and live forever!"
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/~racer383/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts