Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:...just purchased a new set of tires for my Camaro. Anybody know (or hear) of a tire made in Japan called "Falken". I replaced my dry-rotted set of Bridgestone-Potenza's recently with these Falken tires; (Mfr. spec. P275/40 ZR 17). I don't go to the track or drag race, and purely enjoy my car as a daily driver/(also local car show venues).
Just curious about the brand,...I got what I think was a good price of $150/ea (sale price at Sears).

:thumbsup:Thanks, Doug

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
They are pretty decent tires, not a generic tire. The seem to sponsor a few drift cars

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Had some and they would not balance correctly. The steel belts had problems and it took about 6 sets of tire to finally get a set that worked. The balancer would get them right and after a few hun dred miles they shook like the wieghts had fallen off above 60MPH.
I was told the belts were loose.......only explanation I got. The dealer did make it all right for me and he said Falken was working with him on the issue. The next set I bought from the same place for another car were Falken as I was given a 50% off certificate from Falken. No probems with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts