Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to post this.
Has anyone taken parts off of a '99 Camaro SS and used them on a '69 Camaro? Engine, trans, brakes...? I have access to one that's totalled from a rear end collision. The car only has 30k on it.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
won't work... you better give me the number of the guy that has it so you won't have to worry about it...

ok, back to reality- YES- the stuff will work. the engine isn't a true "bolt in", but then again, even an intake manifold isn't a true "bolt on" most of the time. people make the parts to stuff an LS1 into an old Camaro, and the front and rear brakes can be pretty easily adapted. the tranny is a bolt in- even if it's a 6 speed car. some have used the seats in their cars. wheels, too, with spacers.
it isn't something you will get done on a saturday afternoon, but with a little planning and research, the car should be back on the road in a month or 2- the perfect winter project.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Check out the Year One Pace Car, it has a late model drive line and interior. Do a search, I think it was discussed a couple months ago. Also, you might call Year One, I'll bet they have a write-up on their car.

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
Glenn - Do a few searches with the search engine, try the Performance, Engines, Tech 2002 and 2003 and this forum. I've seen several posts on the topic. I think you are in for a bit of fabrication as the mount points differ and the oil pan is an issue as well.

We don't get the traffic the chevelle site does espically on the weekends so it takes a bit longer to get replies...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've got a center console out of a 98 Camaro for my 68 and it looks good. Fits in between the stock seats too! Haven't bolted it in yet, still have to get the shifter and E-brake asm for it.
I still have plenty of time to find one though,(I'm redoing the Whole car).
I guess it comes down to how much fabrication work your willing to do. I've seen someone on the net take a Corvette dash asm and install into a 2nd generation Camaro.

Roger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts