Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an A-arm dust shield set (5 pieces) for my 69 and i know where 4 of the 5 go. Could someone tell me where the 5th piece goes, I can't find anything in the assembly manual. Picture attached.
rubber piece.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
It goes on the firewall area near the steering column/ pedal rods. Should have a metal clip too that does not come with the kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keith. I kinda looked at that area because I thought that the clutch rod could go through that hole, but I guess it wasn't obvious enough, and the old one was gone completely.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Most are long gone. Hopefully the brackets are still in place.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
here's a pic of it installed

Scot

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
^^^ so that's where/how it goes. Thanks
I bought the Rubber the Right Way kit. It has the 5th piece but I didn't know where it went

If you need more SS staples, they sell them separate if you need more than what comes with the kit

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
No reason to buy staples. Most of us simply make our own and bend them over just like the factory did. I have some of those clips and brackets from parted out cars. Somewhere on this site or CRG dimensions are provided to fabricate your own. Factory did not use stainless steel staples. If you do enough of these cars you'll find the staple location was all over the map.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
No reason to buy staples. Most of us simply make our own and bend them over just like the factory did.
Nothing wrong with rolling your own...."staples". World I live in is Time=$....so at $3.95 for 2 dozen SS staples I opt to buy if needed. These have angled cut ends to easily pierce the rubber and yeah just bend with pliers to close

They do come with their kit but can be purchased separately

1967 Chevy Restoration Parts Stainless Steel Staples - 24 Piece - for Window Felts / Dust Shields & More - 19-051F (rubbertherightway.com)

1967 Chevy Restoration Parts A Arm / Inner Fender Dust Shield Kit - 03-169M (rubbertherightway.com)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts