Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,369 Posts
They are made in China and you can expect a full spectrum of responses. It's for you to decide if you can use low cost a arms manufactured in China. You will find guys who like them and guys who say they are absolute junk....

Don

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I would use the US made original A frames with poly bushings, new OEM Eaton springs, HD sway bar, poly or solid frame bushings, IROC box and HD Gabriel gas shocks. Good results and it won't break the bank.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Read David Pozzi's site on First Gen Suspension before changing anything. FIRST GEN SUSPENSION
If I did mine again I would rebuild OEM lowers with poly urethane, get quality USA tubular uppers with tall ball joints and coil-over shocks so you can adjust height. And put discs in the front if not already equiped - leave backs drum or use a bigger drum on it for a little more stopping power. Just my 2 cents after going through the process twice and trying different things.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Read David Pozzi's site on First Gen Suspension before changing anything. FIRST GEN SUSPENSION
If I did mine again I would rebuild OEM lowers with poly urethane, get quality USA tubular uppers with tall ball joints and coil-over shocks so you can adjust height. And put discs in the front if not already equiped - leave backs drum or use a bigger drum on it for a little more stopping power. Just my 2 cents after going through the process twice and trying different things.
I put the Del-A-Lum bushings in my stock LCA's. Started looking at coil overs and found out they don't recommend stock lower arms because they weren't designed for coil overs. Ended up buying SpeedTech lowers and ViKing hybrid coil overs. Have a plan and stick to it. I've spent money on things that I have replaced already. It's hard but change is good, right? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts