Team Camaro Tech banner

321 - 340 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Camaro Convertible 250 to a LS3 Engine Swap
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Thanks Don, As always I have to complicate things, I'm also putting in a push button start / alarm system so I when you say Purple I assume it will now be this White wire connection that is described in the following image.

The Purple one connects to the push button module.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
That sounds right.

Don

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
On my GM LS3 Crate Engine where is the best place to tap into a FULL vacuum source on the manifold to connect to the one bar sensor connector on the Terminator X?

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
For some reason I thought the Holley system could use the factory sensor. Is that not the case?

Don

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
I guess I'm a little confused but you may be correct, there is a sensor located in the front on passenger side that I bought the following adapter cable to adapt the Terminator X connector to the MAP sensor. So then during the setup Wizard, there's a selection for MAP sensor where I can select the External MAP sensor that I connected the main harness to, and not use the blue vacuum MAP hose on the Terminator ECU

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Sounds like you have it covered. No need for the vacuum connection afaik.

Don

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #329 (Edited)
Thanks for the confirmation, hopefully getting close to first start and have been rethinking everything I’ve done (or maybe didn’t do)

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
954 Posts
Talk about rethinking. I'm about two weeks from first start after a year and a half and I'm pretty certain anything I did more than a year ago is open to question and liable to create sparks, fire, small explosions or a combination thereof...a little nerve wracking to say the least. Was under the car yesterday, started at the rear license plate and test tightened every nut, bolt or screw - some were not snugged down. Probably the thought of the moment was "this is just a test fit, I'll torque her down later..."

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
449 Posts
Talk about rethinking. I'm about two weeks from first start after a year and a half and I'm pretty certain anything I did more than a year ago is open to question and liable to create sparks, fire, small explosions or a combination thereof...a little nerve wracking to say the least. Was under the car yesterday, started at the rear license plate and test tightened every nut, bolt or screw - some were not snugged down. Probably the thought of the moment was "this is just a test fit, I'll torque her down later..."
A year and half is short, 4 years for me. " this is just a test fit", lol I do the same thing. I plan on doing what you are doing and start at the rear and work forward.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
So I kinda think\thought I finally have all the wiring done, including the Guard Dawg Push Button Start, but guess again. When I attempt to calibrate the DBW TSP I get “TPS Autoset Error (5)”

Dose anyone know what I’m missing or what I need to check\test?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Did I just stumble across my issue? Went to Holley support to insure I had the latest firmware for the Terminator X and noticed a selection labeled "DBW Support" that has a file that "Contains all of the supported DBW throttle body and pedal part numbers."

The GM Dealer that sold me all my initial parts sent me a "Corvette Pedal Assy" part #19417903

Which does not appear on the list of compatible Pedal's shown below.

Found the recommended pedal on Amazon so I'm just going to order it and swap it out, just want to continue with some progress and don't want to deal trying to exchange something I bought a year ago even though he sold me the what I assume is the wrong part.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Some swaps use the Corvette pedal, some use the CTS-V pedal. It’s unlikely a GM dealer would know which pedal you need.

Don

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
I’m at a complete loss of what to do to troubleshoot this issue I’m having with calibrating the TPS, everything I try results with an error when I run the TPS Wizard.

1. Purchased the additional pedal specified By Holly 10379038, did not help.
2. Checked the orange wire on the connector at the panel and the TBS and both indicate 4.9, which is close enough to the 5.0 that it should be or is it?

3. Called Holly support and the think if I’m getting voltage at both the pedal and the TBS then perhaps the throtle body servo is bad?

‘Is there any thing else I can do to troubleshoot my issues? Is there a way to us a volt meter to test the movment of the panel being moved thur its range of motion?

I’m tempted to just buy a TBS Aasy on Amazon for $73 but not sure if it is compatible with my engin?
Amazon.com: Tecoom 12605109 Professional Electronic Throttle Body Assembly for 2010-2015 Camaro Corvette 6.2L 7.0L: Automotive

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
I have no idea but if you are going to buy a new throttle body I recommend you go with an AC Delco.

Have you posted your problems on the Holley forum? Excellent resource.

Don

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
For $70 I’m going to just get one of the Throttle Bodies that Holley indicates that are supported. May not solve the issue but I need to “getter done“ and started.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
So got the new throttle body in less than 24hrs, slapped it on and guess what? Was able to immediately calibrate the TPS.

Wish Holley could have specified the importance of what compatible Throttle Body Assemblies are directly in the Terminator Max documention. I just happened to stumble across it on their support page.

Can only hope my experience will help someone who reads my posts in the future.

Next on the list is to figure out what the part number is for the injectors on the gm crate engine to specify in the wizard?

321 - 340 of 384 Posts