Team Camaro Tech banner

341 - 360 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Camaro Convertible 250 to a LS3 Engine Swap
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
So just as expected my injectors are not listed within the wizard.

Mine are LS3 Injectors part# 12573190

The closest one in the list is “OEM LS3 12576341” I have to assume that’s not close enough and I’m going to have to complicate this by selecting “Custom”?

Posted question on the Holley support page but figured I would also ask here?

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
It’s been a while since I’ve been in the software. I had the same problem initially with the injector choices. I can’t remember exactly what I did, but there was then a second table of injector numbers and mine were in there. That Holley software is pretty good once you get into it because I have a hodge-podge 24x-1x with front cam sensor, block mounted knock sensors, eBay injectors and coils, 4 barrel intake and throttle body, and I was able to program it with all that oddball stuff and it runs like a champ!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Been searching the web for hours trying to find the values that I will need to apply the custom setting?

Anyone know were I can find the info for coil 12573190 that is described in the following photo?

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
I am completely baffled why you are using a coil part number to search for injector parameters. You should be using the part number of your injectors to find those parameters.

I am also going to guess that when you do find that injector part number that it will be on the list. Don’t you have a GMPP LS3 crate engine? Probably same injectors as a fifth gen Camaro LS3.

Don

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
That's because I'm an idiot, guess the heat down here in Florida has melted my brain.

The only excuse I can come up with is that one of the injectors on the handheld to chose from and the coil both start with 1257

So new question how do I have figure out what injectors I have?

The following is the engine I purchased.

LS3 430 HP

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
The instructions in your link above state to use a 2014 Camaro SS to look up replacement parts. Look on Rock Auto. The part number will be there.

Edit: Here you go 12576341

Don

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #350 (Edited)
Loaded my Global Config File into the Terminator X software on my laptop and don't see a selection fror my exact 1bar Map Sensor part number 55573248.

Various searching I found info that 55573248 replaces 12591290 which is one of the selections.

Do you think selecting the 12591290 would be the right decision?

Here is a list of my options:

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
That’s what I would do.

Don

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
So back to my TPS Calibration, I installed my Holley Digital Dash and find the the pedal is not moving the butterfly thru the range of motion.

I made the following video to show you what I'm experiencing.

Would anyone know what the deal is?

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,515 Posts
On my Holley (HP) it has a "TPS Calibration" icon, when you tap on it, it says to push down the pedal slowly and let it back up. Do this twice, then tap okay. Is this where you are having your issue?
Brett.....

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
No, the calibration is successfully after pressing the pedal down twice. The issue is afterwards.

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,515 Posts
Did you see the reply on your post over at Holley EFI Forum;
"My bet is that the red/white wire in the DBW harness is wired incorrectly. Andrew". Is this possible?
Brett....

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
I have the red/white wire connected to a lug on the fuse panel that has +12V when the key is turned to the first position. So I believe it is wired correctly?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
Based on reply on Holley page it appears that although I had the red/white wire connected to a +12v it was not the correct +12v.

I now see on page 16 that it says "Brake Switch Wire – This MUST be connected to a +12v input from the brake pedal switch" (not sure how this +12 would be different than the one I picked but the system must be smart enough to know the difference?)

I will give this a try when I get home tonight.

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
954 Posts
Based on reply on Holley page it appears that although I had the red/white wire connected to a +12v it was not the correct +12v.

I now see on page 16 that it says "Brake Switch Wire – This MUST be connected to a +12v input from the brake pedal switch" (not sure how this +12 would be different than the one I picked but the system must be smart enough to know the difference?)

I will give this a try when I get home tonight.

The only thing I can think of is the brake switch is un-switched power i.e. full time +Bat. When I was putting my car together I noticed many suppliers make a point of separating +ign from +bat particularly with some of the LS components as well as my gauges and VA wiring. Might be your issue.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
I think it just clicked in my brain?

What I have it connected to is a full time +12V connection replicating the current when the brakes are pressed?

The directions state:
============================================================================
Holley designed the drive-by-wire system to utilize a brake pedal switch input. This is wired to a +12v input from the brake pedal switch. If the brake pedal is depressed enough to activate the brake light switch, the following occurs:

 The ECU will not allow a throttle position over 10%, no matter how far the pedal is pushed. This consequently limits the opening of the throttle body.

Before a pedal value over 10% will be recognized, the following must occur in this order:

 Brake pedal switch must be released

 Pedal position must go below 10%

 Fuel flow is limited to 30 lb./hr. as an additional safety.
===========================================================================

What I read into the above is that the DBW will not have +12v during the time when you press on the gas pedal, it will receive +12v when the brake is pressed. Which is what I think I'm see with how I have it connected to an active +12v not allowing the throttle position of over 10% which is that very slight movement I'm seeing. Will find out in three hours from now when I get home.

341 - 360 of 384 Posts