Team Camaro Tech banner

361 - 380 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Camaro Convertible 250 to a LS3 Engine Swap
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #361 (Edited)
So issue resolved connected the wire to the side of the brake switch that gers +12 when brake is applied and now butterfly responds to the gas pedal. Here is a video if anyone wants to view its movemen? Might not have had this issue if Holley specified it as a red/white wire instead of only stating it as “Brake switch wire”. Ultimately I should have read the directions a little closer, instead of searching the PDF for “red/white”

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
During this project I have also installed a Vintage Air Sysrem, will it be ok to drive the car initially without finishing up the AC plumbing leaving the hoses disconnected from the compressor?

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Leave the wiring to the compressor disconnected so you can't engage it by accident.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Is your drier installed? At least cap the hoses so your drier doesn't absorb a bunch of moisture.

Don

Reactions: 350sshugger

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Finally Fired the LS3 up for the first time, instantly started at first turn of the key :)

Here is a video of the first start:

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
449 Posts
Congrats. Sounds great.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Was able to get the exhaust done today, I still have to take care of the wiring of the solenoids for the baffles.

Would like to have taken longer video but here is a short one of the underside.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
if anyone is interested here are a few images of the Terminator X Self-Learning results over three different days.

9/13/2020

9/14/2020

9/15/2020

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Before I pulled the trigger on the LS3 I was thinking of putting a Blower under the hood. Turns out that I ended up with a LS3 and a Dual Blower under the hood.

The Dual Fans on the Entropy Radiator are supper LOUD, almost too loud. Guess I'm going to invest in a new stereo so I can crank it up loud enough that I can not hear the fans?

Even the Holley in-tank fuel pump seems really loud?

It is a 255 lph fuel pump, to much for my application? Supports up to 550 EFI (@ 60 PSI at 13.5 Volts / 10.4 AMP Draw)

1967-68 Chevy Camaro/Firebird, Coated Steel, EFI, Gas

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
PWM fan controller will solve your fan noise issues. PWM pump controller could also solve your fuel pump noise issue if your pump is compatible with PWM control.

Don

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Hi Don,

May I ask how will the controller reducer the fan noise? By reducing how fast the spin? If so wouldn't that make them less efficient?

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
954 Posts
Hi Don,

May I ask how will the controller reducer the fan noise? By reducing how fast the spin? If so wouldn't that make them less efficient?

I believe the idea is they are only running as often and fast as needed i.e. mine don't even come on when I first start my car. I am not even certain of what the trigger temperature is but it has the ability to run the fans independently depending on load and demand. I am thinking two fans running full tilt = heavy stop and go traffic on a summer day.

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
954 Posts
Before I pulled the trigger on the LS3 I was thinking of putting a Blower under the hood. Turns out that I ended up with a LS3 and a Dual Blower under the hood.

The Dual Fans on the Entropy Radiator are supper LOUD, almost too loud. Guess I'm going to invest in a new stereo so I can crank it up loud enough that I can not hear the fans?

Even the Holley in-tank fuel pump seems really loud?

It is a 255 lph fuel pump, to much for my application? Supports up to 550 EFI (@ 60 PSI at 13.5 Volts / 10.4 AMP Draw)

1967-68 Chevy Camaro/Firebird, Coated Steel, EFI, Gas
How much fuel you have in the tank can also determine how loud your pump is. You may be hypersensitive as it's all new and fun...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
I believe the idea is they are only running as often and fast as needed i.e. mine don't even come on when I first start my car. I am not even certain of what the trigger temperature is but it has the ability to run the fans independently depending on load and demand. I am thinking two fans running full tilt = heavy stop and go traffic on a summer day.
My Terminator X Max is controlling when they come on, 1st one turns on at 195 and off at 180, the second on at 205 and off at 190. These were the defaults values from the Terminator software.

361 - 380 of 384 Posts