Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few months back we were discussing a shield that attaches under the core support on A/C equiped '69 big blocks.
It was concluded that that part never made it into production

I was just looking at the AIM, and noticed that there is another piece which extends form the left side of the core support, outward about 10-12" and seals to the inside of the fender. The AIM dose not differentiate betweem sb and bb, but it does show another part for convt, to get around the cocktail shaker. It does not show on the drawing, but it also the parts list shows it for both sides.

Does anyone know if this baffle made it into production?

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Yes, the extensions off of the core support were made. Coupes are fairly common, think there was one on Ebay in the last week or so. They show up about every other month. Convertibles extensions are rarer than hens teeth. Neither sets are reproduced at this point so you have to get original ones. Easy way to tell the difference in a photo is the coupe extensions have an "X" shaped stiffener stamped into the extension, couopes have 2 parallel horizontal stiffeners stamped in them.

I've only got the driver's side for my car, been looking for the passengers side for a year.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
My 69 L48 - 350/300HP Engine

·
11,298 Posts

·
11,298 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts