Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope to crank my DZ302 tonite after having been rebuilt. A little nervous help me out if you could please. The high pressure power steering hose is the hose with two fittings correct? Which fitting does it connect to on the power steering box and which way do the heater hoses connect? How long do you prime the oil pump? What else should I be aware of before I try to start the engine? Thanks guys and wish me luck.

·
Retired
16,014 Posts
Hey DZ the pressure hose connects on the fitting farthest from the rag joint. The hose clamp, non pressure one is closest to the rag. There should be a small U shaped guide bolted to the corner of the steering box where the pressure hose takes a 90 turn and goes down and around the engine mount. There is another bracket that bolts to the E mount bolt to hold the hose in place there too. I need to get that bracket but have not yet.
My folks leave Destin this coming Thur. any chance you might drift past them and say hi to surprise them?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Prime the oil pump until you have oil coming up at every rocker arm.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
yep, what boodle said. and sometimes you must turn the engine over by hand when priming, in order to achieve this. good luck

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Keep a fire extinguisher handy or at least the hose. Check all the fluids twice before startup. Uncork the headers and fire it up at midnight.

Well, maybe not the last one. :eek:

-Mark.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responces! Yo, Mark the midnight thing sounded good to me. Click, I wish I would have had time to go by and meet your parents. We're leaving for Bristol in the morning, race weekend!!!!!!! We've still got a couple of extra sets of tickets for Saturday and Sunday (face value) if anyones interested email me. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
5/8" heater hose goes from the intake fitting to the bottom nipple at the dash, 3/4" hose goes from the water pump fitting to the top nipple at the dash.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Originally posted by stingr69:
Keep a fire extinguisher handy or at least the hose. Check all the fluids twice before startup. Uncork the headers and fire it up at midnight.
Well, maybe not the last one. :eek:
-Mark.
Not a bad idea. Talk to some of the neighbors about the great get away. They lay there in bed waiting to hear the engine fire up and the wives to get all mad and send them out to stop the racket. Some wives might need to be waken up to hear the noise. Then once everyone in the great getaway has arrived you all jump in and hit a club the wives have put off limits. You of course asked them to check out the interior and took off with them inside. Man you are bad influence on your neighbors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts