Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3.4 V6, imported to England from Japan!

First question; It's got Z28 on the back panel and is fitted with a body kit, skirts and lower front valence. I thought Z28's had V8's? Not a problem, just wondering about it's provenance.

2nd Question; I have a slight water seap form the front left (passenger) side of the engine. More or less where the pulley for the alternator is. I think the power steering pump is behind that? Just wondering if this is a common place for a gasket to go, and which gasket? Would like to source the parts before I rip the thing apart! And there seem to be a few 'layers' of stuff and pulleys before You hit the block!

3rd question; Spark plugs.............. How long does it take to change them? Looks like the drivers side are fairly straight forward, but I may need a trained hamster to get to the rearmost one on the passenger side!!!!! :(

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
i dont know what year your car is. but in 1994-1995 year you could get a z-28 package with a 3.4 liter. than in later years a 3.8 liter or v8. your 8th vin will be an S if it is a 94-95. but who knows if it was made here or not.for the back plug most of times i take wheel off and go though side and get some plugs out. for your water leakage under alternator could be freeze out plug in head or block. or worse a leaking head gasket.also intakes liked to leak also.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i dont know what year your car is. but in 1994-1995 year you could get a z-28 package with a 3.4 liter. than in later years a 3.8 liter or v8. your 8th vin will be an S if it is a 94-95. but who knows if it was made here or not.for the back plug most of times i take wheel off and go though side and get some plugs out. for your water leakage under alternator could be freeze out plug in head or block. or worse a leaking head gasket.also intakes liked to leak also.

no such thing, there was an RS package that came with the v6's but never a z28 package.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cars a 93, definitely a V6, and definitely has Z28 0n the back! I will take some pics when I can get the camera out to her.

Thanks for the tip about the wheel, didn't think of that one!!

Will hopefully get her running in a short while, fingers crossed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts