Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i redid all my wiring, but i'm having trouble with the fuses ans good connection cuz some of the fux box terminals/clips/pulgs are either rusty,or broken. since $ is extremely short and the car itself is not ready for a complete new one form painless wiring yet; and i'm pretty handy with this kind of stuff. is there anyone out there that can help with advice or tip on either reconstructing the fuse box. any place just sells new fuse boxes for the customer to custimize it and wire it as he wishes. the other and simplest way is to swap boxes from another car, now for the question of what other chevy/gm years/cars would exchange. hope this makes sense ans thanks.

·
Vendor
125 Posts
We make the original fuse box for the Camaro's (67-79) for $75. This includes the proper fuse clips and buss bar assemblies. The fuse box is one that we have tooled on to make the correct part, and is screen to OEM spec's. It also uses the original glass fuses.
[email protected]

·
Registered
523 Posts
If you are looking for a used box, have a good chance of finding something just north of downtown LA. Up the 5 freeway, past Burbank, in Sun Valley, there are a couple of pick-your-part type yards. The larger of the two is on the corner of Pendleton and GlenOaks, next to Memory Lane. Exit the 5 freeway northbound at Penrose. The smaller is west of the 5 freeway, about 3 blocks down on Penrose. Two dollar entry at each place.
Can't guarantee that they will always have something but usually I can find stuff like that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just pulled my old box out and put in the painless kit. If you want my old box I'll send it to you. e-mail me if you want it. John

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey john68camaro, i emailed u, but i dont know if u emailed me back and it got returned, my mail box was full. let me know. thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts