Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
:eek: $25 thousand dollars is a decent price :eek:
?????????????????????????????????????????????????

very nice looking car but :eek: $25 thousand dollars :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Wow, I have a 67 RS listed on the classified section at 23k. Very similar car to this only a few more options including A/C, pwr windows, deluxe interior, rear defrost, remote mirror, clock, tilt, fewer original miles w/POP and fresh ermine white paint with a perfect vinyl top. I can't even get an response? I guess I need to get it on ebay!
Pat

·
Registered
369 Posts
Look at the bid history :( Two guys with 0 feedback battling back and forth??? I highly doubt it ;)

·
Gold Lifetime Member
8,747 Posts
Originally posted by paulm:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Like it or not mid-20's is the going rate for that car and condition.
Wow, really?!?! That's great for all of us then.
I would have thought that car could be had for more like 15k, but what do I know....
</font>[/QUOTE]I'm just going by the prices I've seen first-hand. It seems to be $20K will buy a clean driver these days, not much more. Now something that needs work and/or restoration can still be had for much less, but the original documented cars seems to be bringing a lot more money than just a few years ago.

Jody

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I'm not disagreeing with you Jody, just stating my surprise at what current prices are!! I'm sure that you know prices better than me as I've been totally concentrating on my cars the past few months and ignoring current pricing!

P.S. When is your car going to be done?!?! I'm looking forward to drooling over your latest creation!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Cool!!!

Will you post some pics when you get it (in 2-3 weeks)? Remind us too as otherwise I'll forget!

P.S. I've finished all of the stripping/painting on the 67!! Now everything is reassembly!
My 67 won't be as cool as your car, but I hope that my wife likes it as I'm building it for her....Shhhh, she doesn't know that it's for her, she thinks that I'm just restoring another old ragtop! :D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
guy's I will have to see it to beleive it !! my 67 RS has the original motor tranny and rear 327 #657 block P/G 2speed 10 bolt posi all came in the car , mine is rust free never had floor's or trunk work and don't need it , mine has factory deluxe with factory tach console with full gauges clock fuel amp oil pressure , factory hub caps spare tire bumper jack and looks almost as good as the car here in question , mine need's front door panel's and the interior would be nice , I have less than $2500 in the car and it just seem's crazy to me that ANY 67 camaro other than a yenko or motion would sell for more than $15k but maybe they will , I see car's at car shows and rod run's with these astronomical prices wrote on the windsheild , but they are still sitting there when I leave :D I hope they are worth that much ,,,, I may own that harley yet :D

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Originally posted by Zedder:
Look at the bid history :( Two guys with 0 feedback battling back and forth??? I highly doubt it ;)
How many buys does an Ebayer need to be considered legit? I don't see anything wrong with a guy that has 0 buys bidding on a car. I really have to wonder about how people on this board pick apart high dollar cars, ( the blue Z28 on recently on Ebay) and the people that bid on the cars. My Camaro is nice, real nice but I can't see picking other people apart over speculation. O.K Flame on!!!! :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
OK...I'm not saying that someone with 0 feedback is not legitimate...I'm saying look at how two 0 feedback bidders are rallying back and forth. Who does that? I'm sure they couldn't possibly be friends of the seller trying to bid the car up, right?

As for picking the car apart??? I don't think anyone has said anything about the car except that they are shocked at the price it "appears" to be selling for. I don't believe that price for a second...but then again, that's only my opinion. If it's true, then great...I just stole my '67 RS Z-28 and couldn't be happier!

Sorry, sort of a weak flame

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The car in question was on ebay a few months ago and ended below reserve in the mid 25k range? I felt it was weird then! We are looking at a base car with a RS pkg? Incorrect rally wheels, carpeted trunk, and spoiler with a aged repaint. This is a 15k car at best, something is up. Believe me as I have bought several in the past year, cars like this in the midwest can be found daily for well under 20k. I am not a believer in the camaro price surge. Yes the rare limited production cars are doing well, but not great when you factor in the cost of restoration most of these cars have been subject to. If you are hoping for a windfall in first generation camaros the odds are better at the slots at the river boat.

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
The buy it now is $100 even though it says $9000 in the ad... This is a classic scam auction, asking you to be pre approved before bidding, sellers e-mail listed in the auction so you don't contact the person that owns the stolen ebay account and of course the deposit that you will never see again if you are the lucky buyer...

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,362 Posts
Well it's a done deal at $25,250

·
Registered
580 Posts
Originally posted by DjD:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RS3SDL2MG:
here is apretty nice 67 for $9000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6161&item=2484457243&rd=1
The buy it now is $100 even though it says $9000 in the ad... This is a classic scam auction, asking you to be pre approved before bidding, sellers e-mail listed in the auction so you don't contact the person that owns the stolen ebay account and of course the deposit that you will never see again if you are the lucky buyer...
</font>[/QUOTE]Not to mention its actually a 68.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts