Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I never heard of this, but there is a dealer in the deals on wheels mag. that has a "RARE" tri-power 69 Camaro for sale....did chevy even have that option?

·
Registered
966 Posts
NO
, I believe that it was talked about but was not put into production. TOO BAD!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If it's a big block they could have used a tri-power set up off a Corvette. If it's a small block, Offenhauser and I believe Edelbrock both made 3 - 2 bbl set ups. It wouldn't be a giant leap in technology to add a tri-power off another motor or an aftermarket intake.

·
Registered
304 Posts
didn't nicky camaro have the 3x2's on them or was that 67-68 ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
4 speed
You are right, Nickey used the 427/400 3x2 and the 427/435 3x2 Corvette enginges for the 67 Nickey Camaro's. I don't if they were used in the 68's and 69's. I got the article out of an old Car Craft magazine that I still have.

------------------
Ricky
68/RS on Blocks...

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
If you ever get a chance to see a copy of the 69 Camaro GM assembly manual, they had a SMALLBLOCK
tri-power RPO ready to go.
The photo shows part #'s etc....and then the word "Cancelled" printed over it.
Somebody said it was because of the polution control systems being developed at the time

------------------
Don~ ZZ430DropTop
~~~~and~~~~
Pro-Touring.com DropTop
67 RS/SS Convertible, 70 RS/Z28

·
Registered
725 Posts
The Motion cars used Holley three barrels. I'm putting a tripower on my car for something a little different.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1169124&a=8603468

·
Registered
45 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZZ430DropTop67RS:
If you ever get a chance to see a copy of the 69 Camaro GM assembly manual, they had a SMALLBLOCK
tri-power RPO ready to go.
The photo shows part #'s etc....and then the word "Cancelled" printed over it.
Somebody said it was because of the polution control systems being developed at the time
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are quite correct regarding Chevrolet's own efforts at producing a tripower small block setup in the late 1960's. The intake was cast by Winters (as were most of the aluminum engine components) and mounted three Holley carburetors (probably different LIST numbers than the big blocks) and would also have used the big block air cleaner assembly as well. VERY trick!

I have been told that there were around a dozen or so cast for development work. I actually was given the opportunity to purchase one of these intakes several years ago (held it in my own two hands)... The five figure price tag was a real of a turnoff though...

Regards,

Stan Falenski

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Stan, Smokey had one or maybe two for sale at his garage sale a while back, so I've read.

Ricks68rs, you gotta have as many mags as I have, LOL. pdq67

1 - 10 of 10 Posts