Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I have installed the both lighting harnesses and ready to install the under dash harness but could use some advice. For anyone familiar, the underdash portion comes with a lot of wiring sectioned off with zip ties as though they are routing separate circuits in their general direction.

My interior is currently completely gutted so I am not really clear on whether or not this zip tie routing is very accurate or not. I would like to wrap the harness prior to installing the fuse box but think I may be creating a mess as I am unclear on routing, etc. and if the zip tie junctions are incorrect I would probably end up undoing most of my work. I know I can use the AIM to get a general idea but looking for more specifics.

If anyone with experience can shed some light on the best route to take i.e. wrap harness on the bench or try to wrap under dash I would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Get a ton of small zip ties, route your harness in place tying and adjusting. Dont go for the whole thing in one pass. Start wrapping and removing ties as you go, on the bench.

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim, If you use true harness tape it's not difficult to remove it or unwind it as may be necessary.
I did quite a bit of under dash wiring due to adding a console. Yes it's a pain laying under the dash but
with the interior out it's not terrible.
I was definitely planning on using harness tape. Still curious if anyone actually wrapped the harness on the bench before installing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts