Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to install and american auto wire classic update harness in my 67 this weekend, and ran into and issue/stupid question.

After marking out to cut the fuse block hole bigger it looks like the fuse block may interfere with another hole in the firewall, here is the kicker, I can't remember what goes through that hole. I attached a photo, and circled it in red. Can anyone help me out or let me know if I am just being an idiot. Thanks

P5290159.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I really feel dumb. . . I had all my pedals, parking brakes, and was staring at that hole.

Any body know just how close that fuse block and cable are going to be? Any worries?

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
You sure you don't have a 68 fuse block/harness? Aren't 67s smaller? Just spit ballin' here...

Oops, you are installing an Update Kit. I have no idea about those...

Oh, and if you have to cut, why not center the new hole over the old? Meaning, go right (in the pic)?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
another one before it got painted...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really appreciate the photos guys. The reason I went to the left side is because the template that is included in the kit says to align on the right edge.

I would really like to nudge it over to the right, but have concerns that it may interfere with the parking brake or something. Those guys that did center it up -- Any issues?

Here is the template . . .
P6010160.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Sounds like you need to cut the hole to 68-69 specs. If you haven't cut it yet I can post a pic of a 69 tonight. My Classic Update harness fuse box fits the factory hole with no clearance issues.

I did look at it a couple of nights ago and it is a little close the speedo hole. That template is correct, I'm sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts