Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is a bit different than what I was able to find from a search.

Starting about a month ago my 1994 Camaro has had the ABS INOP light come on about every 5th time I start my car. It stays on all the time my car is on, when it does come on until I shut the car off. Then it may not come on again for 4 or 5 times of driving my car.

My car has had a LT1 conversion as well as the rear drums replaced with disc brakes. It's pretty much a Z28 with no badges.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
My uncle's LT1 Z had this probem a few months ago. I first tried cleaning the wheel speed sensor on top of the differential. It threads out I believe and you can clean it with brake parts cleaner. Next, there is a relay under the hood for the abs system. I tried that and it didn't work either. So, next I tried the ABS computer, located under the dash on the drivers side of the car. I swapped it out with one I pulled from a 4th gen Z28 parts car. This fixed the problem, and have had no light since then. The computers are pretty expensive in parts stores. I would try the cheaper two things first before the computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts