Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Is a non AC dash the same as the AC dash under the dash pad? The structure section is what I am talking about.
EDIT: for the 1969 model year
Thanks.

------------------
Jeff
69 SSRS 396(roller 427
)
My Chevs

[This message has been edited by ace841 (edited 02-05-2003).]

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ace,

I am no expert but the shop just had my dash off and it is a non AC car but when the dash pad was off there was a place for the center AC vent cut into the dash structure. You can see it to the right of the instrument cluster in these pics.
http://homepage.mac.com/bspears/PhotoAlbum17.html

I hope this helps

cheers

bob spears

------------------
69mscle

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a '69 non-A/C that I installed a VintageAir in. I bought a new dash for an A/C dash and bought the VintageAir center air vent and the hose from the air distributor under the dash because it is different than the non A/C hose kit.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The dash pad isn't any different for a '68 with A/C. Under the center bezel at the top are holes stamped that you can cut along to put the factory A/C center vent in. You'll also need the center bezel with the hole in it for the vent.

·
15,374 Posts
Bob and Joe are right... on a '69 there IS the cut-out in the dash panel itself where the center A/C vent goes. The only difference is the dashpad. It'll be shaped differently in an A/C car to unblock that area so the vent can be installed. A non-A/C cars dashpad covers this hole.

Some people replace their non-A/C dashpad with an A/C dashpad and put gauges in that spot. Cool idea! (no pun intended)

------------------
Joe
1969 Camaro - The Hole-y Grail Project
[email protected]
HwyStar's Garage!
1970 Malibu

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I was asking about the basic metal structure. Joe that is a nifty idea for gauges. Thanks again.

------------------
Jeff
69 SSRS 396(roller 427 :D )
My Chevs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts