Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which way is the easiest to install the ac harness. Beginning in the engine compartment or inside the car. I have a console so getting to the wires on the inside is a bit touchy, also the wires on the fan motor. It seems the only way to the fan is either cut the inside wheel well or maybe put a connector on the wires, or remove the fender. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Dave

·
Retired
16,013 Posts
Dave, previous owner cut my inner fender behind the front tire about 4 x 5 " rectangle, gives great access for those pesky wires. I also cut and put in weatherproof spliced male/female connectors in the area next to the suitcase so it can be disconnected there for future work. Im not sure about tieing into the harness but Im sure others will chime in for you. Here is a look at the cutout

·
Registered
768 Posts
the grommet going thru the firewall right next to the suitcase has to be pushed into the hole from the inside, under the dash before you can hook anything up to the suitcase. get that snapped in first then i don't think it matters where you start making connections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts