Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all,

I would like to add a console gauge package to my 67 RS/SS.

I have an extremely clean set of original RS headlight, under dash and center console (for gauges) harnesses.

I have the instructions for modifying the dash harness (which were from another console gauge install I did years ago) to accept the console harness.

The issue I am running into is that the oringinal console gauge extension harness connector does not mate up with the under dash service connector.

I was wondering if I can purchase the connector and terminals from somewhere? If so, what is the part number for the connector and terminals. The terminals on the original console gauge harness look tubular as compared to the flat shovel style I usually see.

I was also wondering what is different with the headlight harness. My instructions do not indicate any change to the headlight harness.

I would like to reuse these harnesses if at all possible. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sosh67, I purchased the American Autowire console/gauge conversion harness for my 67 SS. I also purchased the console wiring harness too. Every wire you need is there and new. Mine is a manual transmission, so if you decide to go with a new harness make sure you get the correct one. You may find all the plugs and terminals that you need, but the cost can add up quick also.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a conversion harness in another car and it works fine. I was just hoping to be able to find the original connector that went on the dash harness, that connects to the console harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts