Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My camaro is a 68 rs/ss. It came factory with a console, no gauges, and no tach. I am installing the tic toc tach, so I ordered it up, bought the correct circuit board, but I am wondering that since my car never had the option, is my wiring harness still gonna be plug and play with the new circuit board? It seems like it would not be wired correctly. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

· Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
8,453 Posts
As Geezer mentioned, you'll loose some idiot lights. I think it's more or less mandatory that the console gauges are added when installing the tach. I'll be doing this too, in the near future. My understanding is you'll need the correct "gauge extension harness", aka "conversion harness", along with the tach, pcb, console gauges and gauge/console harness. Here's a pretty informative thread that might help......http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=174265

· Registered
1,955 Posts
I would hope they gave you directions with the harness. Do they give you the oil line and fittings?
I don't know what comes with a conversion kit, I use to make them up from spare OEM harnesses.

· Premium Member
12,374 Posts
My experience has been that you need both the conversion and the console gauge harness but if you bought the console with gauges already installed the stub of the harness should already be there.

The conversion harness will convert you over to non idiot light functions. In a 69 this is all you have to do. In 68 I think the pod bezel needs to swap out the oil idiot light for one that says fuel. Then the printed circuit needs to swap out to a tach no fuel gauge one

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the conversion harness which includes two different harnesses. One contains the lights and hookups foe the console gauges, and the other I believe they called it an extension harness. I also purchased the tic toc tach and the apporpriate printed circuit board.

The harness did not come with the oil pressure line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts