Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going (try) hooking up a Crunch 2 channel amp. to my original 1967 am/fm. The instructions aren't too clear to me for an old time radio. I'm sure I'll have to troubleshoot the thing a while. If anyone out there has any suggestion(s), pointers, etc, I sure would appreciate them. I just don't know much about car stereo wiring & all. Just the very basics. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
that amp is going to do it's job and amplify every bit of noise that radio kicks out- it will probably sound like crap.
that being said, the wiring shouldn't be too hard if the amp has speaker level inputs- if not, you will need to get a line out converter to convert the radio output to rca cables and do it that way. it's really not that hard if you can read a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Novaderrik Dude!! You're the guy that helped me fix my distributor not long ago when (apparently) it was one tooth off. THANKS!! It was driving me to have conniption fits. I hope you are right about the simplicity of the wiring & wrong about the sound quality. The f/m stations I get right now, sound pretty good. On the highway with the top down, there aint too much volume. If I can get the volume up to a descent level, then I'm going to hook up a CD changer in the trunk. I'll work it off the FM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts