Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 69 Camaro base coup(327/210hp,PG Tranny,10 bolt open diff.) Not that my car has a lot of value,but would adding items that were an option (such as a factory Tach.) hurt its' value any?

I've made a few changes here and there already such as adding dual exhaust with turbo muffs and adding a Pertronix electronic ignition that fits under the stock dist. cap.

Future plans call for a Turbo350 tranny and upgrading the 327 to about 300-325hp. Adding a nice set of factory rally wheels And maybee a 8.2in Eaton Posi for the lame rear end.

The body,paint and the interior will otherwise be kept stock. I am keeping all the original stuff (like the PG tranny)just in case.

The primary purpose of this car will be a street cruiser/car show car. I would like to hear your thoughts on adding items that were not originally on the car.

Thanks,
Mark P.

------------------
69 Camaro Coup-My Granny bought new in 1969!
Cortez Silver/drk blue interior
327/210hp
Dual exhaust with Turbo Muffs
Now with Pertronix Electronic ignition!
Powerglide trans.
Ugly & skinny tires!

[This message has been edited by Granny's 69 (edited 04-12-2002).]

·
Registered
76 Posts
I see it this way, its your car so do what you please, i don't really think you can hurts it value by adding a tach.IMO Nothing wrong with haveing the car the way you want it.
p.s. where in okc are you at? did you go to the starbird show there this year? i thought the one in okc wasn't very good this year.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It depends on how original and correct you want it. If you intend to keep it original then you should stay away from things that would have came with trim packages. Options that didn't come with a trim package are not documented (unless you have the POP), therefore there is no way of telling weather or not the option was added or not. Power windows, power brakes, gauges are all options that are not documented on the trim tag and if they are added with the correct hardware there is no way to tell if the car originaly came with it or not. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello all,

Thanks for the replies. I view my car like this, I am making it the way I want it to be. I know it won't be original anymore,but after all its' just a base coup. If it were a Z28,a convertible or an SS car, I would be more hesitant to make many changes.

I was just wanting to see how others viewed making changes to thier cars. I would like to make some changes,but don't want to do something that will seriously hurt my car's value.

Wesley58_do,I live in south OKC(where Moore & OKC meet). Unfortunately I didn't go to the Daryl Starbird show this year.

Thanks guys,
Mark P.

------------------
69 Camaro Coup-My Granny bought new in 1969!
Cortez Silver/drk blue interior
327/210hp
Dual exhaust with Turbo Muffs
Now with Pertronix Electronic ignition!
Powerglide trans.
Ugly & skinny tires!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I agree with you. Mine is also a base coupe. I've added options to the car based on how I like them. It is personal preference. For me I love the style of the car and the history behind it, that does not mean I have to have a factory rpm gauge, I'd rather have an accurate up to date autometer. IMO.

Later...

----
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikestr69

1 - 5 of 5 Posts