Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that don't remember, My wife and I are in the process of adopting our niece from her sister. Brief recap, My wife's sister is the birth mother, 32 years old, unfit in just about every way. My inlaws were planning to adopt Tess but luckily got cold feet. I say luckily because that was not a household or a relationship that had any business raising a child.

Today at 1:00pm, the wife and I, the inlaws, and the birth mom met at out lawyers office and signed the custody agreement and the petition to abopt. These papers will be filed at the court house on Monday and we'll be legal.

According to our lawyer and the court, DSS here in our area will be requested by the judge to do our home inspection, background checks, ect... Everyone is telling us that once this is complete the adoption can be finalized. Everyone is also telling us that this will likely be a year from now.

Tess has been with us almost three months, its been another learning experince, but so far no major problems. She seems to be pretty darn goofy, so she fits in fine around here.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Wonderful! She will fit right in w/the girls..................

My friend and his wife adopted and are doing fine the last time I saw them.

The only thing he bi-ched about is how much it cost to do so, it's a tho it is another "innovative economy" industry due to all the classes, counciling and Court and Lawyers costs that added up before they got the kid... And they are just working people....

pdq67

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Check with your employer, many will provide money towards an adoption. I believe they can provide up to 5k and get a tax break. Also make sure you look into your tax benefits, I think there is a adoption tax credit as well. It may cost alot of money, but that is what kids do anyway, drain your wallet.. :)

Enjoy the wonderful gift...:yes:
Wonderful! She will fit right in w/the girls..................

My friend and his wife adopted and are doing fine the last time I saw them.

The only thing he bi-ched about is how much it cost to do so, it's a tho it is another "innovative economy" industry due to all the classes, counciling and Court and Lawyers costs that added up before they got the kid... And they are just working people....

pdq67

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Looks like a great fit. Accolades to you and your wife for giving the little girl a great loving home. Jim

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Wow Phil...

Things are starting to go right for adoption of Tess and the battle will be worth it for sure. I remember a while back when you started this and its nice to see that you and your family have not given up on this. A BIG CONGRATS to you, your wife and daughters on the addition to the family permanently :)

Kev

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.