Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. We have a '69 Camaro with all drums and no power. We want to fit all discs and power assist. Car will be fast road mostly but maybe a bit of track. We plan on 18s on the car so we can clear pretty much any sensible brake package.

Neither of us who are working on the car every put a complete disc conversion together so are a little nervous about getting it wrong. So we were looking for a kit of matched components (front & rear discs and calipers + master) but there seem to be few people selling these as a matching setup.

Any recomendations would be great.

We are looking at the Prodigy Customs kit using Wilwood brakes (liking the 6 pot front upgrade as well)

http://www.protouringsuperstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PRODIGY+TCSBP

Any feedback or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
Frank at Prodigy Customs will take care of you! You can call him during the week and Saturdays he will actually listen to what you want to do and set you up with the correct stuff. I got the Wilwood 4 piston setup front and rear with power assist.
The one thing I did learn is New Brake lines every where; the 40 year factory ones started popping with the new discs on.
Ray

·
Registered
128 Posts
Frank would be great. For a no-name alternative get in touch with Mark at Kore 3 for a corvette swap kit. He does brakes - "its what he does". He's incredibly knowledgeable and helpfull and I'm guessing it would be cheaper but up to the task.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the feedback guys.

We intend re-plumbing the car with new lines as part of the brake upgrade. Probably with stainless lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts