Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys;

I'm looking for some advice on my exhaust system. I have a 69 RS Z/28 with a 350 in it. While I look for my original 302, the 350 runs excellent. I don't know much about the motor as it was in the car when i bought it, but it seems to run very strong. i put a Edelbrock RPM Airgap on it with a Holley 750 dp, and a 1" carb spacer. I seem to have lost a little kick when I put the spacer on the carb, but I also added about 100 pounds of Dynamat in between that. Somebody put a screw in the secondary linkage to make a vacuum secondary into a mechanical secondary. I am running stock manifolds and i put a new stainless steel chambered exhuast on her (not cheap). Then I started to learn from you guys how much of a hp robber these exhuast systems are. I do have a brand new set of Hooker Ceramic Coated headers in the garage; never used. I'm looking for some advice on what you guys think I should run, or if I just leave it alone for now. Let me know if you need any more information; I'll tell whatever I know about the set-up. Thanks in advance for any insight...

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Hey Tony, By adding the 1'' spacer under your carb, you have increased your plenum volume which in turn may have leaned out your fuel mixture. Check your plugs and see if they show you anything. You may have to increase the jetting a couple of sizes to get back to where you were before you installed the spacer. I have a Performer RPM air gap and a Holley 650 D.P.on my 350 in my 69 and it is a strong running combination. Good luck!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
94 Posts
I don't think the old screw in the secondary linkage trick is helping either as you have no secondary accelerator pump. Someone more carb savvy than me can chime in and explain it better but you're probably better off removing the screw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts