Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never shipped anything bigger than a complete exhaust system or mounted set of ET Streets, packaged wheels LOL... but I have located a 8.5" Posi rear, flange to flange down south and I'm exploring alternatives to UPS or FedEx. Frankly I think its too heavy for either of them. From research I've made, it looks like its about 165 pounds, about 55" wide and maybe 24" deep and 24" high if its sitting strapped on a 2 X 4 pallet?

Greyhound Package Express might work. UShip is a sort of auction where truckers bid on the job. Ideally, it'd be great to find an open or closed car transporter going from Florida to New England who can throw the rear somewhere in their truck and pick up some extra cash.

Anyway, I'm open to ideas.-Mike

·
13,851 Posts
Check with R&L. If it’s on a pallet they can pick it up.

If you can pick it up at the destination terminal you’ll save.

I had one shipped from Philly to Vegas

Also try to get seller to split shipping cost.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Any major trucking company will handle it. The only issue I had once with one of those bidding shipping companies is the location of my pick up wasn't ideal and took 3 plus weeks just to get it picked up when they guaranteed it would be picked up in 3 days or less lol.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
You can use UPS too - they will pick it up with a tractor trailer. Might be more costly tho

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I ship big stuff UPS frequently. I like one company door to door. Never the best price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts