Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im now considering the car shown at this link with pictures. Would be interested in any and all opinions. It has some SS emblems but is not ss I know that already.
Thanks again as usual. You folks are all so good at sharing and at times entertaining.
http://www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS/

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Looks like a nice car although I don't like the grill surround painted black and the interior looks half blue, half black..Otherwise a nice looking car.

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He had it on ebay but didnt sell with reserve of $16000, I can buy for $15,000 now or maybe less, hard to tell.
Doesnt seem too out of line does it?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice looking car. I believe it is a real RS...all the pieces appear to be there. The car is nicely optioned. Someone spent some $$ for those parts to put them on the car.

$15K seems just a bit pricey to me, however, since the car has the 2-tone interior problem (which will be expensive to fix) and dirty engine compartment....

------------------
Steve - Central Ohio Camaro Club
'69 Camaro RS/SS-350 - Daytona Yellow
'95 Camaro Z-28 - Sebring Silver
click here to see my webpage ---> My Camaros (updated 2/2/02)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would never buy a car without inspecting it
first. There could be rust or who-knows-what
else wrong. Unless this car is fairly close I would not travel half way across the country for it.

Plus that blue on white paint don't exactly do it for me

And for $15k shouldn't that engine be detailed better?

Of course if it's original the deatiling would not be as important.

Also I believe the RS was strictly a cosmetic
option, unlike the SS or Z28.

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is number matching engine, tranny and rear end and I WILL confirm that. I am looking at the car on Wed. its only 3 hours away from me and Im going that way on business anyway so a breeze. Im a little concerned about the two tone interior which I will ask about. Thanks fellas. I was told that the x164 code is a factor line code thing for internal use only. Im seeing non number matching coupes with fewer options selling for $12 to $15K thats why this intrigues me. I know of a non number matching arizona car for $19 but it is all detailed out nicely too. I will look carefully for sure and appreciate all the comments too.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
My grandparents live in Brainerd!

Oh yeah, the car looks pretty nice too.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I do not believe it is an RS car. The backset has been put in it. That’s way the two-tone insides. No vacuum lines on the driver side inter fender just the wiring harness.

TIM

·
Retired
26,654 Posts
I don't think the interior is 2 tone!! The fold down rear seat may have a black carpet back but if you look at the passanger side right next to the headrest and below the window you'll see some blue. I think shadows are causing the black appearence... The package tray is blue and bet the vinyl just below it is darker blue as well!!

I also see what appears to be vacuum hose on the driver side of the engine compartment by the fender brace....

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry Dj I dont have the ebay link, it has been off there for two weeks or more now. I have the info from it tho. I copied and pasted it to my notepad.
vin# is 124379L505849
Here is text from ebay.....
This 1969 Camaro is a perfect example of a true solid rust free southern (Texas) car with the original quarter panels.
Built in Los Angeles the fourth week of October 1968(OD). Options include: 350 engine - numbers matching, Rally Sport, SS badges, Sport Wheel, Cowl Hood, Endura Bumper, Rally Wheels with new BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires,
New Chamber Exhaust with chrome tips, Front and Rear Spoilers, Air Conditioning, Blue Custom Interior (TR716),
Fold Down Rear Seat, AM/FM Radio, Console with Guages, Tach 7K, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Automatic,12 Bolt Rear Axle, Multi Leaf Springs, New Shocks, New Radiator, Tinted Glass, Vinyl Top and Factory Aluminum
Finned Valve Covers. This Camaro is show ready with a perfect Dover White Body and Blue Vinyl Top/Interior. The windows are near perfect; Chrome is like new with all new weather-stripping. The bodylines are extremely correct with a gentle push to close the doors. Runs and drives perfectly. The Engine Block Casting is 3932388--Engine Production Code T1019HS-Tonawanda. Rear Axle Housing Date is J78. Trim Tag has TR716-Blue Custom Interior;50 C - Dover White Paint with Blue Vinyl Top
I head out Wed. at 7am and appreciate all the input. It really helps a person form a better judgement with the insight of more experienced folks throwing in their ideas.
Thanks and I will report my inspection on Thur. evening when I return home.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looks like a nice car to me. I don't think $15K is out of line for a clean '69 RS with these options. I don't see any mismatched interior (shadow makes rear panels look dark and carpet on seat back is black but so is the carpet in the rest of the car). I would make a few changes if it were mine (paint grill surround correctly, white out rear panel as it isn't a big block car) but overall it seems like a very clean, correct, highly optioned car. Good luck!

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, AM/FM, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood.

1969 SS: Matching # 350/300, M20 4-spd, 3.55 12-bolt posi, Daytona Yellow, Black Houndstooth, Factory Gauges, Spoilers, etc.

'85 Z/28: Rare Factory Yellow, 355 TPI, wifes car, lots of hot rod stuff, she will blow your doors off so don't mess with her!

1969 Z/28: Ralley Green, black standard interior, DZ302, M21, 3.73 posi, comfort grip steering wheel, factory gauges, spoilers, etc. FOR SALE?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts