Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,

So I have a 327, double hump heads, unknown cam, HEI, dual plane Edelbrock, 350TH, Holley Street Avenger 570. I have been working with an Innovate LM2, and tuning on this carb for some time:

I have swapped out the primary metering block for a Proform with adjustable IFR & PVCR
I have removed the fixed air bleeds, and tapped them for adjustables, but have not changed any stock settings.

59 Primaries
64 Secondaries
31 PVCR

Idle is a bit rich at high 12's, but the Primaries are right on giving a higher rpm cruise of 14.7, and when the PV kicks in it goes to about 12.8.

There is a rich bog off the line, with or without secondaries. My question looking at the comparison graph of primaries to no primaries, what is causing the rich hole in the first 4 seconds of an off the line run?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Well I am not a tuning genius but that actually seems ok. I would open up the idle air bleed to lean out the idle circuit unless you can just turn the screws in a touch.The rich hole could be from the power valve opening too soon. It could also be from the timing not advancing fast enough. Please this is just an educated guess I am not a mechanic, just trying to throw possible ideas to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts