Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM PLANNING ON CHANGING THE SEATS IN MY
'68 CAMARO TO SOME AFTERMARKET ONES.
IVE HEARD THAT FIERO AND BERETTA SEATS WORK BUT I DONT KNOW IF THERE DIRECT BOLT INS.
I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO CUT UP THE FLOOR BOARD OR DO ANY CUSTOMIZING. IF ANYBODY KNOWS OF ANY SEATS THAT DIRECTLY BOLT IN LET ME KNOW PLEASE.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Corbeau <sp?> seats are regarded as a nice upgrade.

Do a search, someone just installed them into a convertible, with pictures posted in the message for you to see. Very, very nice, I thought.

Rick O

·
Registered
106 Posts
I,ve installed aftermarket seats in my 68 and had sheet metal brackets folded to my design to enable use of the existing holes in the floor to avoid drilling new holes.
It looks so professional that my car painter thought they were made for it.
Cost very little as well.
Beats trashing your floor any day

·
Registered
302 Posts
I picked up a set of Fiero seats in awesome condition recently for $25.00. They do not directly bolt in and will sit lower than the stock seats if the stock Fiero brackets are used. I will be taking the brackets off my old seats and modifying them to fit the Fiero seats. I haven't done it yet, but I don't think it will be that hard.

------------------

Racer#00

Plain Jane 67
76 Trans Am Stock Car
74 Z28 (Basket case)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANX FOR ALL THE RESPONSES. I WENT TO THE
CORBEAU WEBSITE AND THEY HAVE THE SPORT SEAT
WHICH LOOKS COOL BUT LIKE YOU SAID THE PRICE IS PRETTY STEEP BUT ITS BETTER THAN RE-DOING
THE ORIGINAL SEATS. THANX AGAIN FOR THE HELP.

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
They are SRD's.

Thanks for the kind words.

------------------
1969 Camaro RS Convertible
406 SBC Accel Superram, 700R4, 3.55 12 bolt
DSE Modified Wayne Due suspension, 17" Budnik Prisms, Baer 13" 4 wheel discs, Recaro SRD's, Custom Detroit Speed dash
http://communities.msn.com/TheBearHunt/

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Recaro has brackets that are a true bolt in.. First, and quite possibly the only, true bolt in on my car.

Take care,

Elmer

------------------
1969 Camaro RS Convertible
406 SBC Accel Superram, 700R4, 3.55 12 bolt
DSE Modified Wayne Due suspension, 17" Budnik Prisms, Baer 13" 4 wheel discs, Recaro SRD's, Custom Detroit Speed dash
http://communities.msn.com/TheBearHunt/

·
Registered
505 Posts
beautiful interior rs1968ss...but ditch the seats! The interior is at war with itself..it can'tmake up it's mind if it wants to be a 68 or 98...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts