Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Camaro Convertible
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I Know! I bought a core support and inner fenders from them and they were right on the money. All the holes lines up perfectly. I'm hoping they take this bumper back and the replacement is much better.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi I don't where you are located but I have a rechromed original bumper that looks as if it had some straightening done at the place that did the work. Also may have some light scuff marks from the packaging. I also also have an original that needs rechroming and has a slight bend where a bumper guard was. I am going to Charlotte auto fair at the Charlotte speedway in North Carolina for the fall show and could bring both with me. $200 for rechromed and $20 for the other one . 919 810 4670

·
Registered
1969 Camaro Convertible
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi I don't where you are located but I have a rechromed original bumper that looks as if it had some straightening done at the place that did the work. Also may have some light scuff marks from the packaging. I also also have an original that needs rechroming and has a slight bend where a bumper guard was. I am going to Charlotte auto fair at the Charlotte speedway in North Carolina for the fall show and could bring both with me. $200 for rechromed and $20 for the other one . 919 810 4670
Thank you, but I'm in California.

·
Registered
1969 Camaro Convertible
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I received a replacement AMD bumper yesterday and it looks exactly the same as the first one. Maybe 10% better, but still full of ripples that you can clearly see and feel with your hand. This one came with a tag on it which said it had been inspected (for what is unclear).

·
Registered
681 Posts
I received a replacement AMD bumper yesterday and it looks exactly the same as the first one. Maybe 10% better, but still full of ripples that you can clearly see and feel with your hand. This one came with a tag on it which said it had been inspected (for what is unclear).
I’m sure it was “inspected“. I’d return it, get a use one and have it rechromed.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have bought 3 AMD bumpers (rear 68 Camaro and LM Corvair set) and had nothing like that. Yes, a little bracket fitment issue but they were repops also.

I suspect someone sent a non-AMD bumper back to AMD for cause on an AMD bumper. AMD never opened box to see what they got or warehouse people didn't know what was right for the box. Then this same box got sent to a unsuspecting buyer.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts