Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing an ad somewhere for a set of four console guages that bolt right into the 68-69 consoles with no modifications. The guages were round and angled up toward the driver unlike the rectangular stock ones. It looked like a great set-up but can't find it again. Anyone seen them?

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
englemac

If you wind up with a set of those gauges, how about a post to let us know how they worked out. I been looking at them myself.

rojo

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I checked them out last time I went to Firewheelclassics, Patti had a set ready to go into the 68' they are restoring. They looked really cool, and appear to be well made and sturdy. I decided to buy a set, that's why I'm currently selling my old guages. You can't beat the price, either. All (4) gauages for 200 bucks, or if you have the fuel gauge already in your dash, you can get a clock as your 4th guage. If you aren't worried about originality, I think it's definitely the way to go......KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69' SS/396
www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd

·
Registered
622 Posts
Before they were available from Auto meter, VDO offered a pod that held a pair of gauges in line that is front to back, I used 2 of 'em side by side and glued them to a piece of lexan spray painted flat black on the underside. It worked great, and was cheap as hell. For my 68 project, I plan on using the auto-meter pods. I had water, ammeter fuel and vacuum installed in the pods, all were mechanical (but the fuel)

John

·
Registered
118 Posts
They look great and work great, I just install a set for a friend and added the factory tach and clock, real nice. I had a old set in a 69SS that I sold my brother, I bought that pod out of a Car mag over ten years ago. unlike the old set this set angles them towards the driver and I used white face gauges as the car is Black & White and the owner likes that theme.
JC

------------------
1969 RS Z28 Black, white deluxe interior,
http://www.corvetteforum.net/c3/corvettj

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a set from Patty, and they work great. I took the fuel option as I am going to put the speedo in next. Cant beat the price either $200.00. I say get them, you will injoy them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts