Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get some suggestions for aftermarket triple gauge package that would fit almost 'seamlessly' into the center console cubby hole of the 71 Camaro? We are replacing the motor with a fresh one, and would like to keep a better eye on it vital signs than the 'dummy' lights would be able to give us. Maybe even a driver side window post (I forget what you call that) gauge package could work. Show me some pics of your gauge setup?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
70 Z28
I've got to make a smaller panel. Due to a broken capillary tube on my Stewart Warner mechanical oil pressure gauge I changed it for a Auto Meter LED electric cause I'm into my spark plugs reading and always touching that area and it won't harm an electric wire like it did my tube.

Lights on

·
Registered
651 Posts
Maybe get a gauge bezel and put desired gauges in?
Or above where the plastic meets the metal a 3 gauge cluster?
Dunno...
I have a 3 under the radio. Hard to see. Never look at them.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Can I get some suggestions for aftermarket triple gauge package that would fit almost 'seamlessly' into the center console cubby hole of the 71 Camaro? We are replacing the motor with a fresh one, and would like to keep a better eye on it vital signs than the 'dummy' lights would be able to give us. Maybe even a driver side window post (I forget what you call that) gauge package could work. Show me some pics of your gauge setup?
I just used an Auto Meter 3 gauge panel and their 2/16" gauges, mechanical oil pressure, water temp, and trans temp.

Not the best pic, but it fits well.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Any more pictures or options?
I went with the period-correct black and white Stewart Warner gauges mounted where the 67 Camaros were (amp-oil press-water temp).

I like it to look like it would in 1970. The factory console gauges were a joke IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts