Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question. I have a new set of the round guages that you mount on the bottom of the dash/ash tray area. I have an old one there now, but it does not light up and the volt meter is not hooked up. Two questions, where do I run the wires to get my volt meter to work, and where do I hook the 12v lights to so that when I turn my headlights on the guages light up. I was thinking about splicing into my headlight switch. This is on my 1969 Camaro. Thanks, Jerod

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
There is a tab on the fuse block to which you can connect the lighting for the gauges...

As for the vole meter, I will leave that to someone with more xpertise (or read th instructions that came with your gauges)...

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Using 18 gage wire, attach one wire to the positive (+) terminal on back of the guage and opposite end to 12V terminal on ignition switch (located on the fuse box under the dash) and the other wire to ground. The light wire will go to the terminal on the fuse box as mentioned earlier. Note: the fuse box is mark indicating which terminal is ignition and which is for lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts