Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen alot of people using aftermarket guages for the speedo and tach, mounted in the origianl dash.... is there a kit/bezel, to get them to fit without having gaps etc, or are people making the plastic bezels around the guages......

I have a '69, so the original dash openings are square, so whats the best way to put round aftermarket guages in the original locations ????

·
15,370 Posts
DRJDVM
You can delete AND edit your own posts. Look at the 4 small icons right next to the date and time of your post. The first one shows someone that clicks on it your email address, occupation, interests, etc. The third one lets someone email you. The third that looks like a piece of paper with a pencil on it is the EDIT icon. If you click it, you'll be able to edit your post or delete it. The fourth icon lets someone reply to your post and use quotes from it.

Hope this helps!

I also have a 69 that I'd like to use aftermarket gauges in. I know it can be done and I KNOW someone here will have a great answer.

------------------
Joe
WCA Member
1969 Wallet Crusher
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
My neverending project!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, I have a 67 Camaro with the original circle/round speedometer and fuel gauge and I was looking for a white faced speedometer and RPM tact to replace the ones that are in there now... I checked out http://www.detroitspeed.com/ but I couldn't seem to find where the tact’s where... Anybody else know where I could find aftermarket tact’s/gauges that would fit in the old spots??

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Using the search option you can find lots of 69 tach & speedo conversion info, think it's easier or more common than 67/68s. As for the Edit option, if I'm not wrong, you couldn't edit the topic area so "orogonal" prevail.

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

·
Registered
11 Posts
ZZ430DropTop67RS.... if you don't mind me asking how much did that cost for those two
5" gauges?? b/c i would really like to do the same but i need to know about how much it's going to cost... thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried the edit function key on the post bar and it said only admin people can delete a post. What I wanted to do is delete it and re-post it with the correct spelling in the topic. I know you cant edit the topic title once its posted.

I've seen the DSE guage set-up and its awesome, but the dash is like $400 or something like that.... too expensive for my blood.

I was hoping to use the factory dash bezel and just put new aftermarket guages into the original locations.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i checked the archives and found a post that is similar to what i may try doing this winter. bruce ulrich, i e-mailed him and it was sent back for some reason. he made aluminum face plates that coverd the existing speedo and tach then cut out holes for his new gauges i believe.
it looks similar to brent jacksons dash set up in july 2002 chp magazine i would emagine. i emailed mr jakson twice and he never got back to me.
if your out there bruce i would like to talk to you..........jeoff

[This message has been edited by chuckboy7 (edited 07-07-2002).]

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is also a '69 in the August 2000 issue of Chevy High Performance that has an Autometer Phantom 5" speedo and 5" tach installed. It looks nice, but unfortunately they do not go into much detail of how this was done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I saw a setup in super chevy several months ago that had a gauge setup in place of the two original dash gauges that incorporated the 2 big ones plus all the accessory gauges as well. It was a sweet setup but I cant remember the manufacturer. It wasnt a featured article, just an ad in the back.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I was looking around for a 5'' tach that had an 8k rpm range, but Auto Meter doesn't have any. I recently came across one made by a marine parts maker called "Gaffrig." Just a thought if you don't want a 10k speedo in a car that will never push past 6500 or so. Someone on this site actually has this 5'' tach.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts