Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get a auto meter Phantom speedo 0-200mph (because it looks cool with the 200) and was wondering about how you calibrate it... do you have to change gearing in trans or can you do it all with the speedo

------------------
wIll trade my girl friend for a Big Block

·
Registered
650 Posts
What kind of transmission does the speedo cable go into? Or is it an electrical sensor? I am no expert here, but I believe the speed of the rotating cable is determined by the sensor in the transmission, and speedometers are generally made to read the RPM of the cable. In other words, the internal workings of the speedo are the same as a stock one, just measures more speed, and you won't need to calibrate unless you change the actual speed sensor in the transmission or put bigger/smaller tires on.

------------------
Brave man not milk bull... only stupid man

·
Registered
312 Posts
a mechanical speedo depend's on the speedo gear's in the trany, but they can be calabrated at a good auto shop that dose this. to find one ask the local police man or better yet just call the police dept. in order for them to pull you over by clocking you with there car there speedo's are calibrated and cert. for it by a some one., also most of these shop's do taxie cab's too as they need the same cert's cause of the meater's.

if memory serv's me all mechanical speedo's are calibrated at [email protected], that mean's the cable spin's 1000RPM at 60MPH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts