Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our team is conducting some market research. if possible, we would welcome your feedback.

1. is this a product of interest?
2. How much would you be willing to pay?

thx

Our team is introducing a new innovative product to the consumer Hot-Rod marketplace. Many of our club members and classic car forums have requested an adapter to convert a AG series glass fuse to modern blade type. Many of our club members have difficulty with glass fuses breaking easily during installation or removal process. Our new FlexFuse can convert any 3/4"-1 1/4" long standard glass fuses to a single adjustable blade (Micro-2,3, LP-Mini & standard) fuse. In summary, "One and done."

Rectangle Lego Engineering Font Machine

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
Makes sense but I have not had to replace a fuse in years. Couldn't say what it is worth. Would have to have a problem first.

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
2,001 Posts
Great idea, especially if you sold a dozen pack for something like $15 bucks or less, and at $9.99 I'd sign up in a heartbeat. I agree that very often the old glass fuses work just fine but getting them in/out and in again can be a PITA sometimes with a 50 year old fuse box. Good luck with this and if it comes to market let post it here.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Really a great idea and a lifesaver if one can't find the old glass fuses. I don't know that I'd expend the time and money to convert all my fuses just for the sake of the upgrade. I agree with the above comments on multi-packs at a reasonable price given we still would need to buy the fuses too.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I would buy that in a heartbeat. It is getting really hard to find glass fuses. At least the correct size and amperage. I would recommend selling them in packs of 5 or 10 as an option as well.

·
16,679 Posts
I don’t know why anybody is having a hard time finding glass fuses.

All the major auto parts stores have them in stock. Summit, Amazon and even Harbor Freight.

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
Cool product idea. I would, like others posting, like 5 pack. $9.99 or less
I would do that. But it seems a mix and match pack with several of the regular size fuses and a couple of the shorties would be good. Don't remember off hand how many of the short fuses are in our Camaros.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would do that. But it seems a mix and match pack with several of the regular size fuses and a couple of the shorties would be good. Don't remember off hand how many of the short fuses are in our Camaros.
Our design accommodates a fuse from 3/4" to 1 1/4". it is adjustable. The metal tabs slide along the center dowel lengthening or shortening to anywhere in-between. thx

·
Registered
685 Posts
Great idea, but I rarely have to change a fuse in either the 68RS or R66. I have two types of fuse pullers that generally remove the fuse without breaking it. There are exceptions.

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
Our design accommodates a fuse from 3/4" to 1 1/4". it is adjustable. The metal tabs slide along the center dowel lengthening or shortening to anywhere in-between. thx
Cool let us know when you go to market.

·
Registered
Now a tribute-1968(L30/M20) Z-28 Black stripes/white, 350, M22,12bolt. WIP since 8/1979
151 Posts
I like it. There have been a bunch of fuses blown in my car. I did find the problem but finding proper glass fuses is tough. Selling them in a pack would be good, I have two cars with glass fuses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our team is conducting some market research. if possible, we would welcome your feedback.

1. is this a product of interest?
2. How much would you be willing to pay?

thx

Our team is introducing a new innovative product to the consumer Hot-Rod marketplace. Many of our club members and classic car forums have requested an adapter to convert a AG series glass fuse to modern blade type. Many of our club members have difficulty with glass fuses breaking easily during installation or removal process. Our new FlexFuse can convert any 3/4"-1 1/4" long standard glass fuses to a single adjustable blade (Micro-2,3, LP-Mini & standard) fuse. In summary, "One and done."

View attachment 288001
Where can I buy these, they would be a great upgrade to my fuse box on my classic car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts