1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gimme a ticket for an aeroplane,
Ain't got time to take a fast train.
Lonely days are gone, I'm a-goin' home,
'Cause my baby just a-wrote me a letter.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11668535/

impressive video...

Now the fellas thought I'd lost all sense;
The telephone poles looked like a picket fence.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I saw that train on the news tonight. If that thing ever comes off the rails, look out!! I've ridden the bullet train in Japan, and it doesn't seem that fast sitting inside it until you go through a tunnel. Then again, it onlys runs about 125mph. That French contraption was 225+ mph faster! I read in the paper that it has a 25000HP electric motor. I'll bet that thing is heavy.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
He, He!! The "Box-Tops", I remember when it came out!!

No way there are ANY tracks here that will let a train go that fast!!

Where are you Stevo??

My long gone F-i-L told me once that he left Hannibal, MO w/ a full 110 car freight train pulled by a steam engine and he said he had to hide down over the hill east of Moberly, MO for like 10 minutes b/c he came across there running a flat 100 mph! They'd a canned his as- if they'd a caught him!! H, He!!

This was back when the Wabash owned the tracks and after N&W bought them, they ran like for 4 or 5 years before even touching the tracks!!

The Wabash had small town Track Gangs all along all their tracks that hand tamped them pool table level back then AND before I quit the N&SW back in 8/'68 to go back to school, I was a Surfacing Gang Tamper Operator!!

pdq67

1 - 6 of 6 Posts