Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for an after market air breather for my stock gm valve covers that will keep them looking stock (no chrome). The hole opening is only about 3/4" and I know that I can hook up two PCV valves but would perfer not to.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Summit Racing and Jegs also have the breathers in many different types.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
head to any parts store and browse thru their cheap chrome section. i almost always see a breather for the small hole.
while you're there, pick up some of the "feet" things that go over your pedals..

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I'll try linking you like I linked Jim...

http://paceperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=breather

Your only real choice for a breather that isn't chrome is to get a chrome one and paint it. Because the stock breather is actaully a tube hooked to the base or side of the air cleaner housing, there isn't a separate breater that is "stock". They are all after market, and all the ones I have ever seen are chromed.

novaderrik is right too; most any Pep Boys, Advance Auto, etc., carries the breathers for the smaller hole.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I am looking for an after market air breather for my stock gm valve covers that will keep them looking stock (no chrome). The hole opening is only about 3/4" and I know that I can hook up two PCV valves but would perfer not to.
Has anyone else ever used 2 pcv valves?Is this a poor mans version of a vacuum pump to prevent ring flutter.I would think you would want filtered fresh air being pulled into the base in a street application.:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts