Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I also posted this over at CRG, ...figured I'd post here too...

Do all air cleaners (on automatic (ie. PG) cars) have the accomodation on the snorkel for the heat riser tube and 'valve'?
My (CA) '67 (327/275hp) has it's original air cleaner base (with smog tubes), ...however the snorkel is missing (along with some 'extra' drilled holes in the base). I was assuming the correct snorkel would have the stuff for the heat riser tube, ...but now I'm wondering if it should or not?? (doesn't seem like it should now that I think about it, ...especially with the SMOG tubes from the exhaust manifolds)
If it is supposed to have the heat riser tube, ...I am really interested in how the heat riser tube would hook in...
...anyone have any photos of a '67 (California car) with the same setup as my car should have?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
88 Posts
Kevin,

I don't think the '67 Camaro had a heat exchange tube (may be wrong about CA cars), the snorkle should be smooth on the bottom with no hole for a tube. I do know that '68 was a one year only, the snorkle when mounted went on the drivers side, in '69 and following years it goes to the passanger side. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevin,

I don't think the '67 Camaro had a heat exchange tube (may be wrong about CA cars), the snorkle should be smooth on the bottom with no hole for a tube. I do know that '68 was a one year only, the snorkle when mounted went on the drivers side, in '69 and following years it goes to the passanger side. Hope this helps.
Thanks, ...'67 snorkel is driver side as well. I just purchased another base that has the smog tubes and has a 'smooth' snorkel. I am now starting to believe it may be exactly what I'm looking for (and will not need the snorkel altered as I originally thought).
...would still like to hear from others on this, ...as well as any possible photos... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I can send you a pic of a 350 SS Calif air cleaner.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
The heat riser tube from the exhaust to the air cleaner snorkel started in '68.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts