Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal. I have a slightly built up 327 which was orginally a two barrel and now a four in a 67 camaro with standard hood. The motor now has a Performer RPM intake manifold and I would like to use a stock 327 four barrel air cleaner housing to top it all off. Will there be enough clearance? Oh... I have a Edlebrock Performer carb as well. Has anyone tried this??

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have and it does.I have a 327,RPM intake,1406 Edelbrock carb,SS hood(same height).I put my stock 4 barrel air cleaner on whenever I take the car somewhere that I will be opening the hood,shows,drive-ins ect.,otherwise I run a chrome open element with a K&N filter.
Do you have the electric choke?I do,so I needed to run a 1" spacer under the air cleaner,then I also had to put a small (maybe 1/4" deep)dent in the bottom of the stock aircleaner base to clear the electric choke housing.

------------------
67 RS RAGTOP # matching
4X4 Chevy truck
4X4 Suburban

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Drake, Sounds like you are doing exactly what I want to do with my '67. Stock looking at shows and some chrome open element for go. Thanks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.