Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what catagory this fits under, So if the post has to me moved sorry in advance.
I am not able to fit an air cleaner on my carb, without it hitting the rear of the cowl hood. I'm not sure if there is a spacer to offset the difference or what, it's only about 3/4" that is hitting. I should clarify it's not the height that is hitting, it's too close to the firewall. This is not a stock motor in the car and didn't know if this could be the reason. I do have access to a C&C machine that I've used to create some other items, but this is throwing me for a loop.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
what year--i can see 93 on up but anything earlier would have to be that the engine is not in stock location unless extra wide air cleaner--air cleaner base is recessed down like moroso air cleaners right

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
They make a 14" air cleaner setup that is made for clearing an HEI that will offset it forward. Otherwise you can go with a smaller diameter one or that new Airaid one that is shaped like a cone.

You can search Summit for "offset air cleaner" and it'll come up with the offset base and stud that goes with it and a few kits that come with everything.

Search Summit for "airaid tapered" to see those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts